It’s amazing how much our lives are affected by drug-related public policies. Every person, family, and organization has felt the impact of these policies. That is why we’re focused on improving these policies to make sure that our drug-related public policies reflect scientific research, current medical understanding, and evidenced-based practices.
We all have something extremely valuable to give. Parents, neighbors, volunteers, advocates, organization leaders, those in long-term recovery, business people, law enforcement and medical professionals are all important stakeholders in our work.
Thousands of Utahns are arrested each year and many lives are severely impacted by drug policies that are focused too largely on criminal justice practices and not on public health practices. The economic, social, human, and political cost of these policies is felt in every community across the state. Get involved in our work to improve these policies and create healthier and safer communities throughout Utah. Here is how you can help:
- Make a donation online or become a member of our Movement Builder Network. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- Register with AmazonSmile to contribute to DPPU as you shop with no extra cost to you.
- Make DPPU your charity of choice and shop at Smith’s Food and Drug to give with no extra cost.
- Sign up for our newsletter to stay informed.
- Attend a DPPU event and join the conversation about drug policies.
- Be active and engaged on social media. Find DPPU on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Browse our Research and Policy Center and share our research with others who would be interested.
- Sign one of the ongoing petitions on our Petition Action Center and recruit your friends to do the same.
- Contact your legislators and encourage them to support our efforts. Find them here.
- Sign up to become a member of our Board of Trustees.
- Host a House Party to recruit your friends and family to support our efforts.
- Recruit your friends and family to support our work.