Thank you for your interest in serving as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Drug Policy Project of Utah. Serving on the board is a rewarding experience and an opportunity for professional growth.
Completing this form will help you understand the skills and time/resource commitments of this leadership position. You may find it helpful to read through the entire application and job description before you begin filling it out.
This application will be kept confidential and on file. Applications are used by the Drug Policy Project of Utah’s Board of Trustees to identify and evaluate potential board candidates. This committee will interview potential board members and make recommendations to the full board of Trustees. The President of the Board of Trustees with the advice and consent of a majority vote of current board members appoint trustees.
Drug Policy Project of Utah periodically seeks new community members to join our Board of Trustees. Prospective Board members should have a passion for drug policy reform and desire a to help reform drug policies in Utah. As a Board Member, you will help drive the strategic direction of the organization, assist with community outreach, and provide the oversight needed to maintain a nonprofit organization. You will also play a key role in ensuring the financial viability of the organization.
- Attend all board meetings, and not have more than three absences in a calendar year.
- Serve on at least one Standing Committee and other ad hoc committees as needed.
- Support and attend as many of Drug Policy Project of Utah’s events as possible.
- Actively promote Drug Policy Project of Utah within the community to prospective members, donors, volunteers, and supporters.
- Review board meeting minutes and consent agendas with particular attention to financial reports.
- Place the interests of Drug Policy Project of Utah above my personal interests in all board-related decisions.
- Review and comply with the attached ten basic responsibilities of nonprofit boards.
- Make myself available to the Board President for development/fundraising calls as requested.
If you have questions or would like more information, please send an email to our President Turner C. Bitton at email@example.com.